Tuesday, 24 February 2009

My Video Selection

The video that I have included in my blog is from Lord of the Rings. The series of books is one of my favourites that dates back to when I was only 13 years old. The books transported me to another world when I was reading them as a child, and now the films are doing the same to me in my adult life. This particular scene captures the essence of the whole series for me; the king rallies his troops for one last, great battle against evil. His followers are aware that this could be some of the last words that they'll ever hear: do or die trying. I love history, and I am sure that on many of the world's battlefields similar words were spoken to give courage and strength to the troops. The music in the background adds to the flavour of courage and hope.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I don't like this movie. I like action movies, comics and the Jim Carrey films.

Anonymous said...

I do not really like that movie. I prefer movies Jaki Chan and Jim Carry.

Amparo said...

I like the lord of the rings!!

christopher said...

heelo Duane, I love the Lord of the Rings. Whe I watched this movie in the cinema I Wished to go to New ZEaland because in this country the movie was filmed.